Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reading David Nicholls One Day


After reading about this book many many many times and after seeing it everywhere I finally got it and read it. I expected more from it, but maybe because it's been praised like everywhere. But it still was good. It was a lovely story of two people who helped each other and obviously belonged together, even though the other of them was a bastard (my opinion). It was very well written and I liked reading it, but I didn't like the ending so much, even though it was very surprising!
And for all those people who don't know what this book is about: It's the story of Dexter and Emma, who met at the University and after that stayed in each others lives no mather what. Secretly in love with each other, but not admiting it. It tells their story for twenty years, just revealing one day from every year.
The idea is actually quite interesting and still you were satisfied with all the information you got from their lives.
I would recommend this book for everyone who loves to read romantic stories. Even though this isn't you ordinary love story. Oh yea, and aguess they are filming movie about this Anne Hathaway as Emma and Jim Sturgess as Dexter. I need to look in to it some more, but I'm sure that I'll watch the movie when I have the chance to it!

xoxo Sweety Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment