Saturday, April 30, 2011

ISU world figure skating championship 2011




One of my favorite sports till this day is Figure Skating. I used to figure skate like almost ten years ago (can't believe it has been that much!), and I'm missing it so much that watching world and european championship's help it a bit. And again is the time to watch figure skating. It is 2011 world championship and today it started quite interestingly. So I'm sorry, but all of those who don't like to read about figure skating should just skip this post.


Women's short program seemed to be full of tension.. well except from Russians. It might be because they had to cancel the competition month ago from Japan, because of the terrible incident and now it is in Moscow, Russia. Ksenia Makarova did today beautifully. She always performs great, but now her skating is also better, so I bet she will be gold medalist some day.


The one I am always looking forward is Kiira Korpi. She is the Finnish skater, who I think everyone knows because of her beauty. Well I'm not fond of her looks, of course she is beautiful, but I like her because she is a figure skater. And she is very good figure skater. I'm hating all the comments about her, how everyone just expects her to win competitions and she still hasn't brought Finland the gold medal and how she should let someone else to try. Like it's that easy to win? I think Kiira does great. There are huge expectations of her and she still manages to perform beautifully. Today she had one mistake and now she has to do a LOT better tomorrow, but we'll see. Hopefully she's gonna do great. She has the skills for a medal.


And of course there are these two golden girls Yuna Kim and Mao Asada. I was sorry to see that Mao Asada did not perform as well as she could. She was the world champion of last year, but agues it is about the nerves. We'll see tomorrow how she performs. And Yuna also didn't do as well as she could, but as usual she is just too good, so she is number one at the moment.


I can't wait for tomorrows competition and am going to sit by the computer whole morning watching free program!
Anyone else likes figure skating?
And if someone wants to watch those programs, you find them usually from youtube.com or from this finnish site, though I'm not sure how well does it work in other countries.

xoxo Sweety Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment